Anglo-Catholic Churches in Bath
Leaving the centre of Georgian Bath and crossing the river Avon by the world famous Pulteney Bridge, you are already in the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin, shortly to be joined on your left side by the Parish of St. John the Baptist. Together these form the United Benefice of Bathwick.
Dear brothers and sisters,
I am writing with my weekly email containing details of our planned worship at the Bathwick churches on Sunday and during this coming week.
Following the end of the mandated Covid restrictions, incumbents and churchwardens have been tasked with deciding what continuing restrictions are appropriate in places of worship – and given the current levels of Covid infections locally we have decided that it is appropriate that certain restrictions continue for the time being. So we would strongly encourage the continued wearing of facemasks, hand sanitiser, social distancing, and Track and Trace for the next few months. Those who have contracted Covid or been in recent contact with anyone with Covid and/or have been asked to isolate should not attend worship. Communion will continue to be administered in just the Blessed Sacrament for the time being, with the Precious Blood reserved to the celebrant alone. However we welcome the opportunity to allow congregational hymn singing – do come tomorrow morning to do so!
Attached to this email is our weekly noticesheet and the service sheet for Sunday’s Eucharist at St John’s (9.00am) and St Mary’s (10.30am). You might like to print these out and bring them with you to the service.
Other services during the course of this coming week in the benefice will be offered as follows:
- Monday: Mass to be live-streamed from Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham (Bathwick pilgrimage) at 10am on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page
- Tuesday: Mass to be live-streamed from Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham (Bathwick pilgrimage) at 10am on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page
- Wednesday: Mass open to the public at St Mary’s church at 10.30am
- Thursday: Mass open to the public at St John’s church at 10.30am
- Friday: Mass at St Mary’s church at 9.30am (also to be streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
- Saturday: Mass at St John’s church at 9.30am (also to be streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
With my continued prayers and best wishes for you all
Revd Peter Edwards
Rector of Bathwick
(h) 01225 460052
(mb) 07776 227555
To view the latest mass streamed by Fr Peter or on our Bathwick Benefice News Group page. (click the Facebook icon above) or on our YouTube channel – Bathwick parishes, view here
Organ Restoration Appeal
St Mary’s Organ Restoration Appeal
OUR ‘FATHER’ WILLIS
NEEDS – YOU!!
Interest has been shown in the Requiem which was said at Walsingham last year at the 100th Anniversary of Fr Dunn’s death. The requiem service and homily can be found on St John’s pages or click here for the service or homily