Anglo-Catholic Churches in Bath
Leaving the centre of Georgian Bath and crossing the river Avon by the world famous Pulteney Bridge, you are already in the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin, shortly to be joined on your left side by the Parish of St. John the Baptist. Together these form the United Benefice of Bathwick.
All at the Bathwick parishes express their condolences on the death of
HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Personal tributes can be made online at
Dear brothers and sisters,
I am writing once again with my weekly email containing details of our planned worship at the Bathwick churches tomorrow and during this coming week.
Our two churches continue to be open for some public worship, but it continues to be the case that anyone who attends our churches must fully comply with Covid restrictions, and among them:
- Those who have contracted Covid or been in recent contact with anyone with Covid and/or have been asked to isolate should not attend.
- Those who do attend must comply with regulations including Track and Trace, wearing of facemasks, hand sanitising, social distancing, and remaining only in household/support bubbles both inside and outside the buildings.
Attached to this email is our weekly noticesheet and the service sheet for Sunday’s Eucharist at St John’s (9.00am) and St Mary’s Church (10.30am). If you are planning to attend and to minimise the number of people handling pieces of paper, you might like to print these out and bring them with you to the service. The Sunday evening service of Evensong & Benediction (at 6pm) will be live-streamed on the Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page.
Services during the course of this coming week in the benefice will be offered as follows:
- Tuesday: Mass live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook channel at 10am (note change of time – not 9.30am as shown on weekly noticesheet)
- Wednesday: Mass open to the public at St Mary’s church at 10.30am
- Thursday: Mass open to the public at St John’s church at 10.30am
- Friday (St George’s Day): Mass live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook channel at 9.30am
- Saturday: Mass live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook channel at 9.30am
With my continued prayers and best wishes for you all
Revd Peter Edwards
Rector of Bathwick
(h) 01225 460052
(mb) 07776 227555
To view the latest mass streamed by Fr Peter or on our Bathwick Benefice News Group page. (click the Facebook icon above) or on our YouTube channel – Bathwick parishes, view here
Organ Restoration Appeal
St Mary’s Organ Restoration Appeal
OUR ‘FATHER’ WILLIS
NEEDS – YOU!!
Interest has been shown in the Requiem which was said at Walsingham last year at the 100th Anniversary of Fr Dunn’s death. The requiem service and homily can be found on St John’s pages or click here for the service or homily