Anglo-Catholic Churches in Bath
Leaving the centre of Georgian Bath and crossing the river Avon by the world famous Pulteney Bridge, you are already in the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin, shortly to be joined on your left side by the Parish of St. John the Baptist. Together these form the United Benefice of Bathwick.
Dear brothers and sisters,
I am writing with my weekly email containing details of our planned worship at the Bathwick churches on Sunday and during this coming week.
Attached to this email is our weekly noticesheet and the service sheet for Sunday’s Eucharist at St John’s (9.00am) and St Mary’s church (10.30am). You might like to print these out and bring them with you to the service.
Other services during the course of this coming week in the benefice will be offered as follows:
- Sunday: Choral Evensong open to the public at St Mary’s church at 6pm (also to be live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
- Tuesday: Mass open to the public at St John’s church at 9.30am (also to be live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
- Wednesday: Mass open to the public at St Mary’s church at 10.30am
- Thursday: Mass open to the public at St John’s church at 10.30am
- Friday: Mass open to the public at St Mary’s church at 9.30am (also to be live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
- Saturday: Mass open to the public at St John’s church at 9.30am (also to be live-streamed on Bathwick Benefice News Facebook page)
For the time being we continue to encourage the use of hand sanitiser on arrival, social distancing inside the church building, and Track and Trace. The wearing of facemasks is subject to individual preference. Those who have contracted Covid or been in recent contact with anyone with Covid and/or have been asked to isolate should not attend worship. Communion will continue to be administered in just the Blessed Sacrament for the time being, with the Precious Blood reserved to the celebrant alone.
Other events taking place over the next few weeks include:
- Thursday 16th Sept and fortnightly thereafter, 11am, St John’s Church Hall: Lunch Club (contact Dilwen 07876 574266 if you wish to attend)
- Thursday 16th and Wednesday 22nd Sept, 7.15pm, St Mary’s Church Hall: Revd Nigel Rawlinson facilitates two sessions on the Church of England’s Living in Love and Faith consultation – further details on noticesheet or p.25 of September Bathwick News
- Friday 24th Sept, 10.30am-12pm, St John’s Church Hall: MacMillan Coffee morning
- Friday 8th Oct, (evening, time TBA) Harvest Supper – mark the date in your diary, further details to be made available later this month
With my continued prayers and best wishes for you all
Revd Peter Edwards
Rector of Bathwick
(h) 01225 460052
(mb) 07776 227555
Latest weekly noticesheet (click here)
To view the latest mass streamed by Fr Peter or on our Bathwick Benefice News Group page. (click the Facebook icon above) or on our YouTube channel – Bathwick parishes, view here
Organ Restoration Appeal
St Mary’s Organ Restoration Appeal
OUR ‘FATHER’ WILLIS
NEEDS – YOU!!
Interest has been shown in the Requiem which was said at Walsingham last year at the 100th Anniversary of Fr Dunn’s death. The requiem service and homily can be found on St John’s pages or click here for the service or homily